Friday, May 05, 2006

Mum on Skype?

I was quite excited. An email arrived from an accountant at Skype. He suggested I call my mum to keep to my Skype account active. I know Skype is at the leading edge of VOIP (voice over internet protocol) but I hadn't realised just how advanced their software had become.
It's years since I talked to my mum. I don't have a phone number for her, and she doesn't appear to be a Skype user herself. Perhaps Skype has devised a system to link earth to the saints, a sort of "for faster prayers contact your patron saint by Skype" service. But I wasn't aware that mum had been canonised - she wasn't even a Roman Catholic.
I am now at a loss - perhaps Skype could direct me to where the inhabitants of heaven list their contact details and then I can keep my Skype Account active by giving her a call. Their home page has a hopeful message We've included new destinations in our SkypeOut global rate so you can call more friends abroad from £0.012. perhaps the next one will tell me I can also call more friends in heaven.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it! grandma has been on the cutting edge of technology from the day we inherited that Atari 2600:-)

 
At 5:42 pm , Blogger Dawnriser said...

She's probably got an X Box 360 by now - they're simply divine!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home