Friday, April 28, 2006

Protest singing is back

I've just listened to the new raw album from Neil Young "Living with War". It is streaming on the web NOW. Written and recorded in a very short time it goes on sale on Tuesday. He is an angry old man and it shows.

I don't know what conservative America will think of it, but this Fox News review may give a few clues. The album has strong religious tones - some of the songs could have been inspired by the songs I am used to singing in my church worship every week. There is an inspiring tone to the album. Someone in America is singing out, and because it is Neil Young, the message may be heard. Perhaps the gung ho religious right will listen too.

I have to thank Anita Roddick for alerting me to the album through her blog.

1 Comments:

At 10:14 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe your neighbours should release a protest album...

The (Evening) Press (our local mudslinger) could give away free copies along with the usual After Dinner Mints and cheap package holidays (with of course the actual newspaper).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home